Monday, May 01, 2006

Yardwork, home chores, range balls and...!

then some exciting news for a lazy weekend! Young Billy DePriest left a message on my phone, and although I was anxious something may have been wrong, I had a feeling that I knew his intentions. (It was the first time he’s ever called on his own.) Unfortunately for Billy, I was rushing all over on Friday morning and asked…once I determined that nothing serious was amiss, if we could visit on Saturday morning at 8. At EXACTLY 8 am, the phone rang with young Billy, once again—seeking Elizabeth’s hand in marriage. I was relieved he didn’t ask for two goats and an acre of farmland. Just her hand, upon which he was prepared to deliver a sizeable momento of his commitment. About thirty minutes of stories and questions later, with joy in both our hearts and the blessing he sought, he headed off to ask Lizzie a few questions.

Within hours, she was on the phone to chastise her father for grilling her fiance’. Excited to fill us in. She happily agreed with his request, and spent the weekend calling across the country to share the news. Honestly, I didn’t mean to delay or disappoint either of them, and I’m proud of the way he handled himself. He’s a wonderful young man, with a terrific family behind him. Lizzie is a wonderful young woman, with a terrific family to support her future, as well. They are happy in the life they are building together, and passionate about their own careers. She had a tough week in the classroom, so the confirmation of their love for each other was a pretty special way to recuperate.

That’s the weekend that kicked off Round Five. I’m back on the pump, filling myself with chemicals. Nothing exciting to report on that end at present, I’ll post another note when the round is complete. It seems more "potent" this time around, as the chemicals build within my body and take longer to depart. That only means I'll need to monitor my rest through the week and not hit "the wall" at any point. But I still have my hair...


I finished in time to interview a new prospect for our sales team. We’re looking to add someone before the end of June…sooner if I can get the decision made earlier. We need to target significant increases in sales in the second half of the year, only possible if we add someone new to the team so we can cover the state of Oregon and expand into Washington with a vengeance.

Congrats to Billy and Liz! Good news excites dear old Dad, and gives us all something to anticipate over the next year as they make plans. No dates have been set, no locations determined. As she said on the phone, "We're just going to enjoy being engaged awhile before all the stress of a wedding arises." (...Kids...They get fun stuff like walks in the park holding hands, and I get the morning to scrub the mildew from the deck...along with a few other delightful home chores here on 'A' Street.")

1 Comments:

At 2:52 PM , Blogger Liz said...

If it makes you feel any better, we kids also manage to find time to fit chores in between walks in the park while holding hands. :)

Hope your chemo session is going well.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home