Monday, April 10, 2006

Thanks....Phil!

I'm learning that days four and five are actually the most trying. Focused efforts at recovering from all the chemicals running through my system, and cleansing, take a lot of energy. Sleeping takes a lot of time. Although I've been known for my naps, they generally haven't lasted the 2-3 hours that chemotherapy naps require on days four and five. By the time I get to day six, I can tell that my body is regenerating itself and back on the road to recovery. Days one and two seem easy compared to the 4-5 combination.

Thanks to Phil Mickelson for making the weekend so enjoyable. Dozing between shots, I was able to watch a LOT of the Masters on Saturday, then loved the morning round on Sunday. Later, Jon Egge was nice enough to offer up his Metolius cabin since I was too far from home to catch the heart of the tournament, and too tired to sit in a sports bar somewhere drinking 7-Up. We come to learn how thoughtful people can be, and how little things like sitting in someone's living room for three hours can make such an amazing difference in our health. I was able to rest, catch the important segment of the final round, and still get back home at a decent hour from Bend.

Catch me in ten days, during the "round four" recap. For now, I'll have a nice, solid work-week, and continue to improve from round three. Next stop, flipping hotcakes for the Rotary Pancake Breakfast on Saturday, a tradition like no other....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home