Friday, April 07, 2006

Uneventful Session...one fourth complete!

Today is day three of session three. The pump comes off at nine am., the last step in an unremarkable session. I experienced more of that clutching pain overnight on day one, and commented about it to both doc and nurse. They were a bit confused by the symptom, but we think it may be the temps at which I keep the house this time of year.

I'm warm enough under the covers, though the air temp may cause reaction to cold when I'm asleep and breathing deeply. So last night, I prepared in advance. Fairly warm water in a Thermos bottle, in case one of the pain periods approached. I had that happen, and put on the full-court press. Standing and walking about, drinking about 16 oz. of water, and breathing the warm air from a heater duct. Oddly enough, it also helped to breath in the steam from the thermos. Rather than increasing from its original state, the pain turned around and retreated. Let's hope that turns the trick for the future. Easy enough to accomplish--and as the weather continues to warm the difference between air temp and "under the covers" will diminish.

And it isn't like my home is freezing. The thermostat is set at 68 overnight, the bedrooms are a little warmer. So this sensitivity to cold is tempermental. Last night mowing the lawn, I could feel a "bout" of the pain coming on, and it was about 61 degrees outside. All this reflects the cumulative affect this is having on my body. For the first session, only my right fingers were impacted. For the second, both sets of palms and fingers noticed the difference when contacted by cold. This time, my lungs and other skin "touch" is affected.

If that's as bad as it gets, with ever-increasing sensitivity, I'll be fine. Reports for today suggest 70 degrees here in Portland, so the spring weather will continue to help out. By the time session four rolls around, we may actually ENJOY some springtime.

In the meantime, I hope you're getting some springtime in your life. Let me know if there are questions or things I may not be covering. Blogging is a new world for me, and there is no point in writing/reading all this if I'm missing what you'd like to know. Aside from possible editorial comments after "Sunday at the Masters," I'm not scheduled again until April 18-19-20, so there won't be much to read between now and then.

(Oh...one more thing. Mickelson isn't the first guy to carry two drivers...When he starts hitting one of them off the deck, we'll begin to pay closer attention.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home