Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Good Session

Today was a normal day two. Feels pretty odd to look ahead to these sessions for so much of the two week period, and then have them pass quickly. I had a couple of periods of strange episodic pain last night, with the concern that it would recur every couple of hours. That didn't happen, though, and I slept well through the night.

I've decided that this chemotherapy is alot like driving a Model A Ford. Every little glitch, feeling and perception is annoying, since I don't know what it means for the long term. I feel the need to pull over and run a complete check, to make sure I can continue. Last week, I thought I'd lost my sense of taste for the entire six months. It returned after a few days. This week, I was concerned that the episodic pain would be a new feature of the treatment, occurring every few hours through the night. Didn't happen, and when I checked with the doc this morning at the Opium Den, he wasn't particularly concerned. First time he's heard of that, though, so we'll watch it over time. It appears to have something to do with body warmth, for when I get too warm I get sore.

This time tomorrow, Vickie and I will be south of Oregon, and I'll have two-twelfths of the treatment complete. With 12, every step is a milestone. Next time, I'll have one-quarter, the next will be one-third. Better than counting the days, I'm into the percentages. And boy, is time flying by. Almost the end of March, and I can see the end of April right at the end of the next corner.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home