Wednesday, April 05, 2006

...(whisper)..."The Masters"

It turns out that the OB/Gyn docs pay little attention to the PGA calendar. I'm off this weekend to talk malpractice with them at their annual convention, but should be able to fit some time with the VCR into the schedule.

OOOooops. That's right. Time for an update, not a comment on scheduling. Today was "day one" for session three. Uneventful thus far, I just thought I'd keep people posted on where things stood. I'll get the pump off on Friday morning before zipping over to Bend for the conference. If anything untoward takes place, I'll be sure and post another update. For now, I'm expecting a repeat of session two. I'm learning how to manage my activities and get more rest than I did with session one. I may not start bright, but I learn well.

Last week in Tucson for another conference that was quite good...then back to CA in time to catch Opening Day for the A's. Little presents that I'm giving myself are darn special. A new lawnmower, the housekeeping arrangement, and a day at the ballpark with Vickie before she heads off to college fit the bill and keep me from thinking too much about what is going on within my cell walls. Also reminds everyone that there is more to life than work and visits to the Opium Den...where we were treated today with a contest over "who knows the filthiest jokes?" Some of the guests who drove their patients went WAY over the top, even embarrassing me because of the mixed company. Gallows humor, perhaps? Too many St. Peter's, that's for sure.

Enjoy Augusta in the springtime!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home