Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Halfway Done!

OK....OK. My mood is better now. Judy was kind enough to come over on Monday night, when I was in the dumper, and it was just wonderful to sit and chat while the BBQ finished up. Tried out a new (gas) BBQ, which is a big switch for we Lompoc boys. It will need further practice between now and the various events for graduation weekend.

Session Six came to an end today with the removal of my little pump device. It isn't that difficult to manage around the pump, but dragging it around for 48 hours gets a little old. Leaving it at the Opium Den feels great, and it only takes a few seconds to pump it dry, remove the needle, and for me to walk out. So "days number three" are very nice, indeed.

Not much else to report. Got some jogging in tonight, courtesy of my friend Steve Glover. With his recommended book, which I think I've mentioned before, all my heel pain has disappeared. If ANYONE experiences joint pain, muscle aches that don't go away in time, or any other sort of chronic pain...please check out "Egoscue Exercises" on the web. The guy (Mr. Egoscue) has published several books, but you can learn more via the web, quickly. I'm back to running, walking without heel pain, and playing golf without worry. A good friend has taken it so seriously that his long term back pain is diminished...and he's checking out the local trainer for more assistance. It is absolutely amazing. Kudos to Glover, he's fixed my feet...and is the same guy who taught Nate about reflexive basketball exercises that allowed a six foot white guy to dunk...Maybe there is something in that Fresno State training and we give Steve such trouble about....after all.

Stay tuned. Week Seven will be upon us before we know it, and then all the activities for graduation. Once I get to session seven, I get to start counting down to small numbers...and that's when life gets really exciting. For now, gimme my five bucks back, the whining is over...

2 Comments:

At 4:36 PM , Blogger Liz said...

I just looked at your "complete profile." Do you realize that, after stressing that I may date only those who have never attended a gun show, one of your favorite books is called "Guns"?

 
At 10:05 AM , Blogger Nate C said...

Frankly, the word "dunk" does not adequately describe what the hon. Mr. Glover's plyometric encouragement allowed me to do. DUNK is much more fitting.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home