Thursday, July 01, 2010

Better Progressions...

Nate is off to Central Oregon because he's on the schedule for dinner service at SunRiver this weekend. Lizzie and Billy are off to Kitty Hawk, sharing warm sunshine with Chuck, Patty and Brian. Vickie is off to camp, leading the way for another generation of teenagers. I've played golf seven times in the past three weeks, and it has been wonderful. So not every step of "progression" comes with a poor connotation!

Some of the golf has been in Central Oregon with my Moral Compass group, sharing time with Jon and Ken at Camp Sherman. Also got a fly-fishing lesson from the old pro, Jon Egge, and he was impressed with my casting. Of course we didn't hook anything, so that chapter is yet unread. Some of the golf was with Nate, who has worked hard on his tempo, hitting real golf shots after quite break over the past 18 months. It is great to see his big arc and strong swing, while I'm slapping away at irons that go pretty straight...just not very far.

As we enter July, golf month gets into full swing...several friendly scrambles, and the return to Baker City for Billy and I as defenders. Jillian and I will even get to play in a hit&giggle event at her old country club, with friends who are kind enough to add me to the mix. Should be a good time, I just hope I can live up to her advertising.

The infusions have been fairly simple. Contrasted with the previous three-four hour sessions, it is really nice to get in and out within 90 minutes. I rest up afterwards, but don't really feel that "punk" after the three/four day period of flushing that this medicine requires. My appetitie is still crummy, but I'm not longer losing weight and just maintaining a constant level. So that's a good thing, and my clothes all fit better, anyway!

I hope your summer is progressing well. We all have progressions in life, we may as well look on the bright side and see the growth involved for each of us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home