Monday, May 03, 2010

SUU

Phillip's graduation was wonderful. We had a delightful time gathering of the clan in Cedar City, home of Southern Utah University...though the weather had its own plan. Snowed before I landed, snowed much of Sunday as I got ready to depart. In between, it warmed to a lovely 55 degrees, which was tempered by a chill wind. I can tell that the wind rises off the desert and hits the mountain range, probably not a good place for me to be on a golf team.

Phillip was really proud of himself, and he should be. He showed determination and creativity, finding a school that would work for him, and a major that reached out for his interests. Now, he starts work with the City of Park City, working in a rec program that fits with his personality and love for teaching little kids something exciting...like rock climbing.

Pretty quick trip to the high desert, though. Left Friday afternoon and returned Sunday night, but it was a great chance to visit with the parents, Carrie Ellen and Steve...and a bonus of spending more time with Phillip because so many people left town early Sunday.

I wish I had a lot more to add, but it was just a trial run. The new camera and lens worked great from a distance, preparing for Valpo and UMaryland. I teared up when the kids walked in, whatever will it be like when "my baby" does the same on Sunday afternoon? I just know she'll be as proud of Phillip...and ought to be!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home