Monday, May 10, 2010

Goodness...

Friday night was special. I'm just here a bit, to say thanks. To give thanks. To think about the "good" in goodness.

The offiice hosted a little party, many of my co-workers were able to come on a busy Friday night. It isn't really "retirement" or "going away" but the chance to say, "I hope I can get back, but if not this has been really wonderful."

There was a doc who drove with his wife all the way from Medford. Others who face their own challenges in their family(ies). Some I haven't seen in quite some time. Not a large crowd, and some docs were local. Only about a half dozen of the very special, and another half dozen delightful, clinic manager friends.

The best news, emotionally, was that I was so flattered, and happy, that I didn't get teary once. I introduced some special people, thankfully I was done with that when Nate arrived. THAT wouldn't have been easy, to introduce the wonderful young man they've all heard so very much about. Tyler came along to see what the fuss was about, it was great to have him there. Judy was surprised that I made it through because she didn't. We had a wonderful weekend in the sunshine that followed, just talking about how special it all was and how GOOD people have been to me. Special friends who would come up to thank ME, and to urge me forward on my journey. I've said for a long time that I'm a very lucky boy, however this journey ventures forth...and it feel so wonderful each time I'm reminded of that.

Thank you....Thank you....Thank you. And thanks for being so GOOD to me....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home