Monday, August 07, 2006

Finally!! Finally????

Today, at 9 am, session twelve begins. When this six month journey began today seemed so far away. Then, with the difficulties of session 11, I spent the last few days thinking I didn't really want this week to get here. Today, I'm resolved, rested, and just wanting to get it OVER.

A wonderful weekend this week with friends at Rotary, Judy and I getting lots of time together as she's gathered herself from the big trip to Africa...and of course time catching up with Steve and Billy. Those guys are champions...sticking around through the bottom of the ninth inning, making sure that I can last and keep my humor up. Plans continue for the Tail-end Party...the music is arranged, the beer is in the garage....Yard and home clean-up remain, as does the need to gather food. No need to do that part now, though, so this week I'm settling into a preparation mode for Thursday. I figure if I manage my way through Thursday, even if Friday is crappy I'll know I'm on the climb back to being ok.

Interestingly enough, I'll finish this week and then not see Dr. Chang for nearly a month. I guess he's expecting the neuropathy to stick around nearly that long, and wants to visit in September to see how it has gone. Aside from the finger numbness, that's also what affects my taste buds (of course those are nerve endings) so food has taken on the role of "chore" these days. Nutrition is important, but nothing tastes good at all.

With this leg of the journey coming to a close, I'm sure I'll start being happier instead of cranky, and relaxing back into a schedule that lets me work every week instead of basically alternating. I'll even be able to play some golf without feeling guilty, since missing work for illness AND golf seems a little overboard. So there are a couple of tournaments to hit between now and the end of the month. And if the Fubarians can get over for the Party, we'll have to find somewhere to play, too. I'm not sure if Bushwood is ready for Bobby, Kelly, and Billy...

I'll keep y'all posted on how the week progresses, but don't plan any special times. No telling how I'm going to feel...All I know is that by Saturday I'll feel WONDERFUL!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home