Thursday, July 13, 2006

Finishing...

The best I can comment for this session is that it is working its way out of my body, and I have only two to go. Didn't make it to work this morning, no energy...don't have any appetite, and I feel rotten.

If there is any good news, it was the discussion with my oncologist on Monday. He suggests that we may remove one drink from the cocktail, as he is concerned over my sensitivity to touch and cold. "Wouldn't want that to end in permanent nerve damage," he suggested. Of course, I didn't know that "permanent" was any part of this regimen, so that took me by surprise. It turns out that the oxyplatin is the biggie for this nerve stuff, and if we take that out of the mix for the next two sessions, I should begin to gather energy and reduce the chance of impact from the cold. At the very least, that would allow me to drink cold liquids during the "flush out" stage, which would be a bonus. Not that the flush-out stage would necessarily be shortened. I'll still have the bigger cancer killer, the "five f/u" running through the pump for 48 hours, and with ten sessions down he is confident that we're taking care of all the little demons that may have been floating in my bloodstream.

With two to go, however, I figure I'm over the hump and on the home stretch. The accumulation factor has really kicked in for these last two sessions, and the next two will likely be just as challenging.

I hope all my readers are doing well...and relaxing for the summer. This summer feels a bit wasted, though I get to do a lot of fun stuff next week before Judy returns. (Oh, and they are having a ball in Africa, if the random voice mails are any indication...) I'm heading to Eastern Oregon to play golf with some Fubarian brothers, goof off, and just have a summer weekend. That will set me into a good mood for the final push, which I can really use, emotionally. The positive spin I've had on all this isslowly wobbling to the end...thankfully at about the same time I'm really sick of it, it will be over.

Godspeed...

1 Comments:

At 7:07 PM , Blogger Nate C said...

The key is to figure out how this adversity can positively impact your image...like getting shot can help the career of a rapper. You could also ask about getting some of those special "rehab" drugs that turned Lance Armstrong into the million-dollar man.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home