Monday, June 12, 2006

Eight Isn't Enough...

Today begins session eight. Nothing noteworthy as yet, but it is still early. My goal is to maintain my rest schedule so that I'm not overwhelmed when I fly to Lompoc on Friday. Last time I traveled on a chemotherapy week, to CdA, I wasn't a very happy camper. This time, I have to recuperate in time for Carrie's Fiftieth on Saturday evening.

It will be a good chance to visit with her friends, see the different circles that she and Steve have built in the last twenty years, and perhaps see some old friends from HS. Glover will be in town for awhile, we'll catch up on both our adventures and play a little golf if all goes according to plan.

Having the family here for Vickie's graduation was an "event" to plan. People kid me about printing out schedules for the entire weekend, but even though they need amending we all found ourselves in the right places at the right times...and we were able to spend time chatting about nothing in particular, instead of spending the whole period deciding where to eat dinner, what time to connect, and who's riding with whom...Vickie had a relaxing, wonderful time and was able to share the day today with Lizzie, looking at wedding dresses. No report yet on how that went, though tomorrow night Lizzie is here for dinner and we'll get to catch up.

For now, that's about it. Let's just say that I had a better day then Team USA, but that wouldn't have been too difficult. I'll update as the week goes by, let's hope that all remains well and I don't go overboard on this one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home