Friday, November 27, 2009

Progress...


The past week of span radiation-quarantine has gone fairly well. I don't feel badly, just a little nagging "ick" that doesn't seem to be going or coming. I felt great on Tuesday, which would have been one week following the procedure...but then on Wednesday and Thanksgiving Thursday, I felt a little punky again. Absolutely must get better, though, because I'm certified to return to work on December 1.

(I’m trying to work on inserting pictures, because we all get more from visuals than just text…)


Thanksgiving was low-key and pretty nice. It would have been better if the football games had more excitement, only Uncle Paul’s Aggies provided excitement in the day. Of course, there is always the chance to stumble upon Manchester United, and their first home loss in the UEFA Cup in five years, but such details put my readers to sleep quickly. All I can say is that if you didn’t see Michael Owen play in 2001 and ’02 when he was the heart of Team England and Liverpool, you really missed something special! And now that he’s back with Wayne Rooney at Man Utd., maybe he’ll find a way onto England 2010 in South Africa.

Thanks…I try to say it often, to all the people who take time to call, check in via email, and offer up their support and kind wishes. I get a loud laugh from weather reports across the west. You’ll be pleased to know it was about 80 degrees at 10 am in Lompoc, nearly 82 at 4 pm in Anthem, and a “relaxing temperature” in Palm Desert at dinner time. Here in West Linn, we had nearly 1.5 inches of rain overnight and we haven’t seen 55 degrees in more than a week…

Whether you call to tell me about the weather, just to say hello, or to see whether I’m glowing in the dark, it is appreciated. Jillian was here in the evening, in the midst of a busy day with the grandsons, to bring turkey and the fixin’s. I’m a very lucky boy, no doubt about it!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home