Monday, September 29, 2008

Dammit...I'll take a Mulligan

I was fortunate, recently, to play Torrey Pines in San Diego. The fourth hole is the first alongside the ocean, and I greeted mother nature with a quick pull-hook onto the beach. I guess you could say she “got into my head” a little.

Well, this morning I’m fighting to keep surgeons and scheduling staff from getting into my head. After lining up all the work activities, personal time and family responsibilities for the surgical procedure to take place on Oct. 9…I got a call this morning to push it back to October 21. Medically, it makes no difference. Personally, it is a pain.

I’ll comment more when I’m in a better mood. For now, all my nice friends who drew a circle around the 9th will need to get out an eraser and move the circle to the 21st. It works well for family, and enables me to be “done” with this phase by the time Nate gets to town for his award dinner. There are lots of good reasons to put it off.

Just a mulligan. Shouldn't really count for much, but it would have been nicer to hit the fairway than the beach.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home