Thursday, June 12, 2008

The nearly Ides of June?

Just a quick update for the nice people who check. Life has been lovely since the latest diagnostics, people are so warm and wonderful. Working fulltime again, with the exception of a quick trip to Lompoc for a special funeral service over the past weekend. He hitting golf balls on a regular basis, still losing a little weight from the soft food diet. In a couple of weeks I should be back on solid foods, the challenge will be keeping it off when I can have bread and butter once more.

The voice is still a frustration. Last week's procedure went well, though it tightened my vocal cords a touch too far. So I'm hoarse this week, and perhaps for a few more days. When they "loosen" I can tell that I'll have more punch and less of a wheeze as I push the appropriate level of air through my vocal cords. It has been far too long, seems to me, and continues to frustrate my efforts at work. Pretty hard to call people, or even leave messages on voicemail.

Given the challenges of the past couple of years, though, I shouldn't complain. Life could be much different, with "lesions" growing elsewhere...so I'll just keep my hoarse voice to myself as much as possible and get on with living. Hi to all, keep me posted on how you're doing. too!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home