Monday, January 21, 2008

Session Six....The Midpoint??

If we can get the little demons in my liver under control, this will be the halfway point. I continue to sit for CT scans, including another next week, and from that we’ll make some serious decisions. If the tumors don’t shrink much, we may be adding additional drugs to the cocktail. With shrinkage, we may not need to endure all six remaining six sessions. So cross your fingers, toes, or whatever rabbit foot you might rub that we get good pics next week. (The only phrase that should include the word "shrinkage" may have to do with tumors...)

I wish I could say there were many, eventful outcomes from this past session or today. Mostly, we’re just going through the boring regimen, hoping to avoid the hassles of the first session and the study drug, and working when possible. It makes the work weeks swing by quickly, and the “pump weeks” unpredictable. I can’t predict how I’ll respond, so I lie low and just wait for the hassle to pass. The odd part is to think that if someone would have said "18 sessions" a couple of years ago, it would have been tougher...this is going ok.

Thankfully, we have clear weather. Cold, but no rain. Maybe a little snow by the weekend. With a fun party to attend on Saturday night I’m not a schoolboy hoping for a snow day!

Take care, everyone. The year is kicking off well…and we’ll kick those little demons pretty hard, too.

1 Comments:

At 4:55 PM , Blogger Stewart said...

Mark--
Stewart Buettner here. I just found out about your colon cancer. Know this isn't the place to reestablish contact, but I can't find your address in West Linn, so I'm doing it here. When you get chance give me a call. Number's still the same. Or leave your phone # through email.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home