Monday, March 09, 2009

Four of Five Done

Each of these targeted infusions has become a touch more challenging than the one before. I suppose that’s a medical myth, because if we felt absolutely terrible in the second session, no one would approve a third. But this incremental movement fools us a bit. We think, “well, it wasn’t that much worse than last time, I guess I’ll go in again.” By the time the entire series is done, we’re watching our bodies do things our minds would never allow. Happily, I was able to spend time up at Judy's and simply lie around on the weekend. And stayed an extra night in the expensive hotel, as I'd hoped, to feel better when I got home. So there hasn't been a really rough patch, just a long session that doesn't seem to want to leave.

The good news is that nothing is really on the schedule until next Monday, when I head to Arizona. In between times, we’ll get a tree cut down here on A Street, attend to some dental work, and have my little infusion port cut out. But to have just one of those per day isn’t very taxing. I’m left in a relaxed, positive mood—but still have something good to anticipate.

More when I know more of what to say, likely by the end of the week. I’ll report on the oak tree’s removal, and how the medical interventions have gone. For now, I’m pouring water into my system and hoping to get everything cleaned out soon. On the bright side, remember that last year when I did this in March I also lost my voice. People can hear me just fine this time around!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home